Saturday, June 19, 2010

Girl's Camp Up-cycled Leather Cuff Project

Girl's camp is here again...  It's so much fun, but so much work.  I'm in charge of crafts again and I thought this one turned out so cool I wanted to post about it.  The last couple of  weeks I've been collecting cool leather belts from thrift stores, DI, etc. so we could make these inexpensive leather cuffs.  We used washers from the hardware store and stamped them with the word courage to go along with our theme for the year.   "Have not I commanded thee? Be strong and of a good courage; be not afraid, neither be thou dismayed: for the Lord thy God is with thee whithersoever thou goest." Joshua 1:9.  Then used inexpensive ribbon crimps for the ends (these were not expensive but it was hard to find wide ones.  I bought mine from http://www.twilightsfancy.artfire.com/, Rina was great and shipped them fast.)  I attached toggle clasps with jumprings, added a few charms, and tada!














Designed with love by BDD